At The Common School, Your Child Will Love Learning
The Common School has been nurturing joyful learners since 1967.
From the beginning, we have been guided by the idea that children should have a role in shaping their educational experiences.
- We believe in learning by doing.
- We believe in encouraging imagination and critical thinking.
- We believe in respecting the individuality of our students, and teaching our students to respect and honor differences in their classmates.
- We believe that hands-on exploration, discovery, creative expression, celebration, and play are critical building blocks of a lifelong passion for learning.
- We believe a diverse school community of students, parents and guardians, teachers and staff — a community committed to social and environmental justice — provides an ideal setting in which children can grow and learn.
- We believe that all children, from nursery through grade 6, should be able to attend a school that has them excited at the start of each school day.